Goalkeeping Academy Dates:
Goalkeeping Training Academy #1: July 23rd – 26th, 2017 at Deerfield Academy
Goalkeeping Training Academy #2 : July 29th – August 1st 2017 at Deerfield Academy
GOALKEEPING CAMP DESCRIPTION:
This camp offers speciality training for goalkeepers. Each session will be open to all goalies that are attending with their team and approximately 10 additional free agent goalkeepers. During this training session, goalkeepers work to improve their goaltending techniques, decision-making abilities, and game communication skills. Goalkeepers will also cover set-piece work on corners, penalty strokes, and shootouts. The integration of the Goalkeeping Academy with the Team Camp provides goalkeepers with game play and live drill sessions. These opportunities provide goalies development in technical skills and decision making with the exposure to different training situations.
WHAT IS A FREE AGENT?
- Individual athlete that wants the training opportunity or exposure to our college coaches.
- Free Agents will be combined as a team for practice sessions, small games and will compete as teams in tournament play in the evenings.
- Small Group Option:
- Small groups allow teams that can not field the minimum 13 player roster to still attend.
- Small groups will be kept together and combined with another small group to compete as a full team.
HOW TO REGISTER AS A “FREE AGENT”:
- Free Agents MUST register individually for Sessions 1 or 2 for the Team Camp!
- Your registration is automatically placed in the Free Agent pool for the camp and you will be assigned to the Free Agent Team for training and games.
**Please be sure to register as a attending camp as an INDIVIDUAL**
COACHING CLINIC DESCRIPTION:
A FREE Coaching Clinic will be offered for coaches attending the Team Camps with their School or Club team. Get ready for your season with a fantastic clinic lead by Kelly Doton, Head Coach at Boston College and 2008 Olympian, and Carolyn Cahill, Boston College Goalkeeper Coach! Meals, housing and the camp curriculum are included in the Coaching Clinic package (one coach per team). To attend the clinic with your team, please complete and submit your Team information to Ainslee Lamb, be sure each athlete registers for Team Camp and you are all set to take advantage of some of the BEST coaching minds in Field Hockey today!
Want to attend a Coaching Clinic but won’t have your team at our Team Camps? Not a problem! We are offering Coaching Clinics July 23-26th, 2017 and July 29th – August 1st, 2017. The Coaching Clinic is $300 per Coach, which includes all meals, housing and clinics. Cant’t devote that much time? We are offering clinic sessions for $125 per day. Contact Us to learn more.
SAMPLE DAILY COACHING CLINIC SCHEDULE
- Session #1 Morning – Goalkeeper Skills and Tactics with Carolyn Cahill
- Session #2 Afternoon – Field Player Skills and Team Tactics presented by Ainslee Lamb and Kelly Doton
- Session #3 Evening – Full Game Play Observations
- Free room and board for all coaches who send their teams to camp!